My mom had to leave once in a while, and we managed to survive at some point. But this time, she has gone to Bicol for almost 2 weeks, and I was like brain dead pondering how our life would be while she’s far away.
While she’s gone, I realized that I (besides my sister) is ultimately lazy when it comes to household chores. Yes, I volunteer to do few of them for quite sometime, but I never do chores as much as my mother do. That is why when she left to be at the Penafrancia Festival for two weeks, I had to force myself in doing simple but huge tasks.
My sister is on her final weeks of her on-the-job training and my father is also in the province, so I had to be independent for most of the chores.
Here is the list of things that I’ve done while my mom is far away:
- Cleaned my room by sweeping and polishing the floor.
- Cleaned the sala by sweeping and polishing the floor.
- Refilled our water purifier several times.
- Cooked meals several times.
- Washed the dishes several times.
- Cleaned the storage for plates and utensils.
- Fed the dogs several times.
- Bathed the dogs several times.
- Cleared dog poops several times.
- Bought stuff in the market.
- Talked to the dogs.
- Watered the plants.
- Checked out the dogs’ territories.
- Woke up and had everything prepared for/by myself.
- And many more.
Now, I miss my mom so much. I now realized how lazy I am and how superpowerful my mom is.